Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Astonishing X-Men: Motion Comics, Why Bother? [Review] - ComicsAlliance | Comics culture, news, humor, commentary, and reviews

I've written about Motion Comics before but this review caught my attention. Astonishing X-Men, as well as the other Motion Comics I've seen were enjoyable to me. I admit that at times they do remind me of the 60's Marvel Cartoons (I like them too). I have to disagree with the reviewer from Comics Alliance, because I think that there is a niche for Motion Comics. They sit between a comic book and a cartoon. Kind of like the way the iPad is between a laptop/netbook and a smartphone/iPod - taking the best of each but replacing neither. I'm not sure which is more expensive to produce Motion Comics vs traditional animation but I suspect that motion comics run a large range because the Astonishing X-Men version had a lot of animation, but Iron Man, Black Panther, Spider-Woman, and most of the ones I've seen from DC comics have much less. Motion Comics seems to me a way to get your animation fix but not cost the consumers or production as much money.

Astonishing X-Men: Motion Comics, Why Bother? [Review] - ComicsAlliance | Comics culture, news, humor, commentary, and reviews
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment