Monday, September 6, 2010

Debunking Christianity: Why Should I Rent a Comedy When The Bible is a Joke?

John Loftus posted this video from YouTube last week. The same stupid arguments are made but this time trying to show that Yahweh in the Old Testament contradicts Jesus in the New Testament. All of the cases from the Old Testament are ripped from their contexts and it seems like God just out of hand and indiscriminately just murdered a bunch of people for no reason. Not True. I won't go through it here. It has been debunked and rebutted countless times.



The other thing that was lost in the video was the fact that the Trinity was misrepresented. Jesus is Yahweh. But that does not mean God the Father and Jesus are the same person. They are not. God is one being eternally self-existing in three persons! "Being" and "person" are not the same thing. This is confusing for us because in most experiences one being is one person. IF that is not the case..there are problems. There is no disconnect or conflict between Jesus and the Law at all. Oh, and God the Father ain't got a body. The reason why the Jews wanted to kill Jesus (okay one of the reasons) was because Jesus applied the Name Yahweh to himself - the same name given as self-identification from the burning bush to Moses.
14 God said to Moses, "I am who I am ". This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'I AM has sent me to you.' " - Exodus 3:14
58"I tell you the truth," Jesus answered, "before Abraham was born, I am!" - John 8:58
Yahweh means "He is" or "I AM".
Debunking Christianity: Why Should I Rent a Comedy When The Bible is a Joke?
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment