Thursday, September 2, 2010

Samsung Sent Me A Letter

AS I have already posted, I'm not real happy about how I bought a Samsung Behold II and just 4 mos later found out that they will not be upgrading it beyond Android 1.6 when I was counting on being able to running Android 2.0 at least. I sent Samsung an e-mail about it and here is a response I recently received:
Dear Marcus,
We want you to know that Samsung appreciates you helping to bring this matter to our attention. Samsung is immediately releasing the following information to clear up any confusion regarding planned upgrades for the Behold II: "Samsung Mobile and T-Mobile USA are updating the Behold II to Android 1.6 which provides access to Google Maps Navigation, Google Voice Search capability and quick search box for Android. The update also supplies additional benefits including Swype, an improved Media Player, updated core Android applications and improved Bluetooth capabilities. However, the Behold II is not upgradable beyond Android 1.6."
Additionally, we are researching any previous statements made about the planned upgrades for the Behold II to rectify misstatements, if any, that may have been made. Please know we review and appreciate comments, positive and negative, made by people like you, our customer, and we take them to heart. Our goal is to always provide the best possible handsets that not only meet but exceed your expectations, both in quality and functionality.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may present.
Do you have more questions regarding your Samsung Mobile Phone? For 24 hour information and assistance, we offer our new FAQ/ARS System - Automated Response System
.
It's like having your very own personal Samsung Technician at your fingertips.
We thank you for your continued interest in Samsung products.
Sincerely,
Technical Support
Translation: They are going to do nothing to fix my problem. However, T-Mobile did take a step in helping me. I'm not entirely happy with the situation, but at least it is something. I will be posting on that later. Basically this is the same answer I got when I called Samsung and I kept having to bug T-Mobile to get them to do something...even half-heartedly.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment