Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fistbump of the Day #3 - Morality - another well within the box atheist group think talking point de jour | True Freethinker

Today's Fistbump is going again to Mariano Grinbank. I really enjoyed his post answering fundamental talking points used as objections from Atheism regarding Morality. These objections are not new. But they sure are getting old. I love the way God has blessed Mariano with the ability to turn something worthy of a Facepalm(s) into a triumphant fist bump. It's a gift. He does it consistency. The "arguments" Mariano inoculates us from are:

a. The idea that Christians only do good because of fear of going to hell.
b. We don't need an objective standard to understand what "good" is.
c. Christians never really consider if they are wrong.

Each of Mariano's answers deserve a Fistbump but the one I will focus on will be the introduction to the clip from his debate on Morality.
Again and again I come back to my debate with an atheist on the issue of morality (which you can view at this link) and I keep going back to the following clip because I believe that it cuts to the core of any and every atheist versus Christian debate on the issue of morality: his answer is nonsensical to me and my answer is inconceivable to him:


All I could think was: "Ouch" - cuts the atheist argument to pieces and calls Believers to a higher standard.

Morality - another well within the box atheist group think talking point de jour | True Freethinker
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment