Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Dwayne McDuffie - R.I.P

R.I.P., Dwayne McDuffieI'm amazed about how news comes out. I left work and found out that Dwayne McDuffie died of complications from surgery.This was sudden. The man was a genius and so very talented. He understood the characters he wrote and he also was responsible for some of the greatest fictional characters ever in print, television, and movies. McDuffie co-created Static. He was heavily responsible for the Justice League show and on top of that Ben 10 and Generator Rex. Not to mention the several DC animated movies and the whole Milestone line of comics. I was always amazed how well he could write the new characters he created and the mainstays like Wolverine, Batman, and Superman. Ironically, his latest project, All-Star Superman animated movie dropped today. I'm going to miss him very much. I remember one piece of work of his I really liked back in the day was the Marvel comic Damage Control.

I want to join blogger Cheryl Lynn who writes:

You need to do right by this man, DC.

McDuffie omnibus. Very soon. And when you include Milestone Forever, you use his original, unaltered scripts--with the quotes he selected included.

Cheryl Lynn @ 06:13 PM EST Link

There have been some great things written in his honor today. Check them out.

R.I.P., Dwayne McDuffie
Dwayne McDuffie, R.I.P. [UPDATED]
Digital Femm
Why I’ll miss Dwayne McDuffie





Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment