Thursday, June 9, 2011

THE INTERSECTION | MADNESS & REALITY: Another Great Republican Idea: Let's Pay Women On Welfare To Get Their Tubes Tied

I'm late on this because I was so angry on this that  I decided to hold off commenting on it. I mean, I could not believe this, Paying poor people to voluntarily sterilize themselves just is wrong. I don't know what is worse: suggesting it or even thinking it a moral position to have. It says that people who do not have a lot of money don't deserve to have children It also shows disdain for reproductive rights and ability - as if such a gift (that not everyone has) can have a monetary value placed on it. Eugenics is still with us, folks.

THE INTERSECTION | MADNESS & REALITY: Another Great Republican Idea: Let's Pay Women On Welfare To Get Their Tubes Tied
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment