Saturday, July 9, 2011

Faithful Thinkers: Understanding and Belief

Luke Nix has posted a great article about how understanding and belief correlate. Luke was inspired by the following

Not too long ago I was discussing naturalistic evolution with an atheist. After a while of being unable to convince me of its truth, he told me that if I understood it, I would believe it. And further that since I didn't believe it or understand it, that any arguments I offered would be strawmen, and he didn't have to respond to them. I let the discussion rest at that point. Not because I saw the problem with what he was saying, but more because I was caught "off guard" and saw that he had actually come to that conclusion before we even began the conversation.

I wasn't too worried about it at the time, but I've come across similar claims from those who don't agree with me on other things as well. So I'm going to take a few minutes to put together a response for such claims.

I have ran across similar arguments and I think his response is well-worth considering. Feel free to read his post at the following link.


Faithful Thinkers: Understanding and Belief
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment