Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Apologist Interview: John Warwick Montgomery - Apologetics 315

Brian Auten did an awesome interview with John Warwick Montgomery! I leaned a lot listening to it. I think he made a great valid point that many Christians spend too much time trying to prove the existence of God rather than focusing on Jesus. I think many people think you need to prove the existence of God before bringing people to Christ. I think Montgomery makes a few good counter points. He has a point because I think many people try to use it as a smokescreen so that they don't have to think about their sin and the need for a savior because there is no judge (in their mind).  I also found I disagreed with Montgomery's view of presupposition. A born-again person does not see the world like the unbeliever. He/she will have vastly presuppositions and viewpoints that must be bridged before the unbeliever can see clearly enough to evaluate evidence.

Apologist Interview: John Warwick Montgomery - Apologetics 315
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment