Saturday, October 15, 2011

Faithful Thinkers: Video: Adam's Sin and Us

I really appreciate Luke Nix posting this video on his blog. It attracted my notice. This is Dr. Norman Geisler discussing the effect that Adam's sin has had on us today




I respect Dr Geisler but I think it's a mistake to conflate our current enslavement to sin and death that was not a part of Adam's experience before he fell when it comes to free will. I believe Adam had pure libertarian free will. He was truly free to choose to obey or disobey God. We however can't say the same thing. If we weren't slaves to sin then Jesus would not have had to die to to pay for our sins and free us. IF there had been another way that didn't require Jesus' death and resurrection, don't you think God would have taken it? I do. Faithful Thinkers: Video: Adam's Sin and Us
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment