Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Racist State of Mind: South Dakota

Today racism discussion are usually polarized between white and black. However there are many groups racially discriminated against that are often ignored. This particular essay is about the experience of a woman is Native American from South Dakota. It's about how she has had to deal with racism her whole life, just like many of us, and how she thinks and feels about if from her point of view. I think her word bear some consideration. I find that I don't think much about the Native American point of view because I know so few people from that community. Added further the fact that most African-Americans are also descended from native American Tribes (myself included), we should be paying more attention and care about what's happening there too. 

A Racist State of Mind: South Dakota
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment