Tuesday, November 27, 2012

NASA is Building a Real Warp Drive

Digital art by Les Bossinas (Cortez III Servic...
Digital art by Les Bossinas (Cortez III Service Corp.), 1998 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I remember in College, learning about the theory of using General Relativity to push a star ship at faster-than-light speeds. I was so excited...and then I heard the bad news: we didn't know how to generate enough energy to pull it off. And then I find out today that NASA has actually found that it doesn't take as much energy as we thought it did and they are  running experiments!!! Think about that. When i was a child I thought that we would have bases on the moon and Mars as well as flying cars before we ever had warp drive! Looks like we might get faster than light travel, even if it is only moving an atom,. before we have a moon base.


NASA is Building a Real Warp Drive
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment