Saturday, April 20, 2013

Can Fandom Take the Place of Religion?

Jesus in the Gospels
Jesus in the Gospels (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
 I came across the following post on Tumblr

doctorstarkidgames:

hellsbellssinclub:

emerald-soul:

melanie-jade:

im-the-muthafucking-leaf:

the-grand-microcosm:

trusting-the-disgusting:

domestic-avengers-archive:



Well why not its just another moralistic interpretation of fiction isn’t it?

oh god is this actually making my fandoms my religion

You mean they weren’t already?

don’t watch or like quite a bit on this list but I quite like the message.

Well, what is art/entertainment for if not self-discovery?

Bless this post.
 My Response:

It’s interesting that one can learn those morals from television and movies. The question to ask is: “How do these help you live up to these morals because you know you don’t?” You don’t need “Religion” because you need Jesus. We all do.

I like butts • doctorstarkidgames: hellsbellssinclub: ...
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment