Thursday, August 28, 2014

Ever Feel Like There Is a Target on Your Back?

Over the past month with all the young and unarmed black people being killed and/or injured by the police has really made an impact on me. I got to admit that black people have always had to fear police and had to be concerned with such things. The reason why it seems so prevalent now is because it's being brought to light because of witnesses and video. I mean I'm old enough to remember Rodney King's beating a little more than 20 years ago.



The following videos are just part of a long and terrible legacy. I wasn't around when Emmett Till was murdered but my mother still tears up when his name comes up

Emmett Louis Till (July 25, 1941 – August 28, 1955 [yes, it's been 59 years]

And now just in the past few years.


And here is a video that really sums up what is going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment