Friday, September 11, 2009

A History of God


This video is based on a book by Karen Armstrong. I read the book several years ago and I was extremely disappointed. Karn Armstrong approaches the Hebrew Bible, the New Testament, and Koran are all nothing more than human products. She disavows a personal God who intervenes in history and the lives of people. I think that Armstrong thought this because she failed to personally encounter God as a Catholic nun (read her introduction). I don't know why she did not meet God. I'm not qualified to judge her honesty or her experience, But I can testify that if we reach out to God we will find him. It seems like she was looking for an experience like those of the Catholic saints and the Biblical prophets instead of seeking her own unique experience.





No comments:

Post a Comment