Monday, February 8, 2010

YouTube - Hovind debates Strayer,Reisbig, and Schlieter

Kent HovindImage via Wikipedia
I found this Debate on YouTube and I have enjoyed it. I have to give Hovind some kudos for going up against 3 scientific proponents from 3 different disciplines at the same time. I think Hovind did a good job because Evolution has a lot of problems and all he had to do was point them out. For example, I think he killed them on the whale evolution. I don't agree with all of Hovind's theology because (for a start):

1. He's a Young Earth Creationist and I don't think the Bible gives us enough information alone to figure out the age of the earth or the universe.
2. I think he is a King Jame Only advocate which leads him to think that Unicorns are in the Bible.
3. He rejects the Big Bang Theory which really vexes me. By agreeing with the Big Bang Theory people who deny God agree with the Bible. Hovind does not seem to understand that. The theory says that all space, time, matter, and energy did burst into existence out of nothing. This is supported by Genesis 1:1 the Hebrew word we translate "created" carries with it the idea that the creation is out of nothing.

I thought many of the arguments on the evolution side are horrible. For example arguing that a designer does not make sense because the design is flawed is just as stupid as arguing that the Bible may be wrong because it does not have a bibliography. Both were used by way. Arguing that the design is flawed presupposes that you know what the design and purpose are. I was glad to see Hovind shred that argument with a concrete example of the difference between the human eye and an octopus' eye. When the scientific arguments failed the evolutionists went into philosophy and it imploded even faster. I was expecting better of the other side.




YouTube - hovind debate

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. If you haven't already, check out a book called "Refuting Compromise" by Jonathan Sarfati. It contains the most powerful biblical and scientific defense of young earth creationism available. Until I read it, I wasn't quite convinced either. Just a recommendation :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation, Mike!

    ReplyDelete