Tuesday, April 20, 2010

THE APOLOGETIC FRONT: Michael Brown vs. Bart Ehrman: Debate on suffering and the Bible

I don't know how I missed Brian's posting of this debate? Must be because I was moving. I'm glad Mike Felker re-posted this so I can catch it this time. I thought Mike Felker's comment that Dr Brown could have pressed Ehrman more on how Ehrman can define "evil" and "suffering" without God is true, but I think Dr. Brown touched on it enough. I think that this is a great debate but his synergistic/free will apologetic i can't fully embrace, but it is more than enough to devastate Ehrman's position. The one thing that I disagree with Dr Brown and that has to be about what he said about Job blaming God. I would not describe it that way. Job understood that God was in control of what happened to Job so Job wanted to know what happened. He questioned but he did not sin in against God.

Ehrman's argument that God caused suffering to punish is really was a horrible argument because when we sin we deserve it - Justice. I loved Dr. Brown's rebuttal.



THE APOLOGETIC FRONT: Michael Brown vs. Bart Ehrman: Debate on suffering and the Bible



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment