Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Interview with Robert Price and John Loftus

I found six videos on YouTube in which Robert M. Price and John W. Loftus are interviewed. It was very interesting. I like looking at people's testimonies. How did they get to the point of thinking the way they do? They are apostates. People who claim to have been believers and now disavow Christianity. Why? What made them change their minds? These interviews begin to answer these questions. I have to say that neither of these men are unlikeable. It's nice to see Loftus in a relaxed public appearance in which he is not trying to win an argument.

According to Loftus, he lost his faith because he could not reconcile the Genesis account with what he understood from science. As far as Price, he just seemed to say that he looked at the evidence and was no longer persuaded that they were true.

I find that I disagree. Not because I'm a Christian but because I know that you can come to many different conclusions based on what you expect to find. I'd like to see if Loftus ever talked to Hugh Ross or Jay Richards. Did he ever discuss it with William Lane Craig? I don't know. But there seems to be an arrogance that says "I don't understand it therefore it must be wrong."

As for Price. The man is likable. And I admire the fact that he is willing to say publicly that he knows that the majority of his peers disagree with him but sticks to his conclusions. I disagree with him, but at least he is consistent with himself.




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment