Monday, October 12, 2009

Richard Dawkins - Coward


It's interesting to me that no one who can stand-up to Richard Dawkins on his own terms is being allowed to debate him in the public square? Why?  Is it because he has no peers who disagree with him? No. It's because he refuses to debate them. Chad over at Truthbomb Apologetics and Mariano at Atheism is Dead have written great articles with great background information on the fact that Richard Dawkins has refused to debate Dr. Stephen Meyer on the grounds that he doesn't debate creationists. I can't stand that. His attitude seems to be that anyone who believes that God created everything could not possibly  understand science as well as he does. I wanted to add to what Mariano and Chad have published.

Mariano concentrated on how Meyer would be a great foil to Dawkins and gives proof by talking about Meyer's most recent book on the design of the cell. Chad provided a transcript of Dawkins appearance on Michael Medved's show where he basically says that neither Intelligent Design or Creationism have enough respectability for him to debate. That floored me. He has made a career denying their ideas, yet refuses to interact with them directly. I think it's because he knows he can't win.

My addition to this is that although I disagree with much of what Bill O'Reilly thinks but one saving grace is that he disagrees with Richard Dawkins! Here is video I found on video.






O'Reilly has bad theology but at least he stands up to Dawkins.

Will Richard Dawkins Debate Stephen Meyer?
Richard Dawkins turns down Dr. Stephen Meyer's debate Challenge

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Though i'm thankful that Dawkins placed himself in the midst of opposition, I was pretty embarrassed by O'Reilly. I hope Dawkins will one day get set up with someone worth their salt. Probably the best i've seen was the exchange between Dawkins and Lennox. But I still thought that was weak. I guess you just can't win with Dawkins.

    ReplyDelete