Thursday, November 5, 2009

Dr. Claude Mariottini - Professor of Old Testament: The New Simplified Bible.

The Codex Gigas from the 13th century, held at...Image via Wikipedia
 Here is a great post I just read. Dr. Mariottini has sounded an alert about a new online translation of the Bible - The New Simplified Bible. The problem? The translator says he made an honest translation free from the influence of any church or sect but you have complete mistranslations of  John 1:1 and John 1:18. These verses equate Jesus with God yet he translates them as saying Jesus is "god-like". I'm all for making easy to read translations of the Bible, but don't change what it says! I agree with Dr. Mariottini. I can't recommend this translation either. The translator is denying the deity of Christ and I know for a fact that the Greek is being mistranslated by him. It galls me that he has the audacity to say that he was not influenced by any church or sect.

Dr. Claude Mariottini - Professor of Old Testament: The New Simplified Bible.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment