Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Why Many Modern American Evangelicals Don't Like Reformed Baptist Preaching


James White has posted a couple of videos on his blog that answer a question I've been having: Given that when I look at the scriptures I see that membership in the elect is up to God not to us - He chooses us, why do most evangelicals think that we are saved by exercising our free will? I mean both concepts can't be right. However as long a person believes and trusts Jesus for salvation, he/she is saved, does it really matter who started it? God or us?  I think it does matter because the Bible is clear.  "We love Him because He first loved us." (1 John 4:19) All we do is respond, but we can't respond on our own.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. - John 14:6








Why Many Modern American Evangelicals Don't Like Reformed Baptist Preaching
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment