Friday, October 17, 2008

Why Does Islam Gets Special Treatment


I just heard from G4 that the video game "Little Big Planet" because there are two quotes from the Koran in the game. Little Big Planet is a platform game that allows you make your own characters, backgrounds, music and offers almost unprecidented customization for a console video game. The quotes apparently offended someone in Europe so now Sony is going to delay the game's launch and is removing the quotes in a song:

"kollo nafsin tha'iqatol mawt", literally: 'Every soul shall have the taste of death'.

"kollo man alaiha fan", literally: 'All that is on earth will perish'.

I admit that I have no idea why anyone is offended. You can read the articles here and here.

UPDATE
I just heard what the offense is: In Islam it is offensive to combine the words of the Koran with music! What?!!!! I admit I don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment