Monday, December 29, 2008

Satire or Racism?

The weekend I came across a video on YouTube called "Barack - The Magic Negro" but I haven't had time to look into its origins until today. Considering the pervasive racism and stupidity in the United States, I wasn't surprised to find such a thing. What I'm finding more amazing is the thought that is being put forth as satire. Rush Limbaugh and other "conservatives" are amazed that some people would be racially offended. I mean the writer of this song has managed to insult, Obama and Al Sharpton and other black Americans in one fell swoop. Here is the song set to a video montage:



This was discussed on MSNBC and Kate Obenshain attempted to defend the song by saying that it was against Al Sharpton and not Barack Obama. I'm glad the African-American woman conducting the interview would not let her get away with it. You can read an article about it and I posted the Here is what Rush had to say about it:

No comments:

Post a Comment