Thursday, December 18, 2008

Unfair Criticism

I have recently come across a video where Pastor Rick Warren is criticized for telling an audience of unbelievers that people should not worry about pleasing themselves but work to improve the lives of people around us. The critic is upset because Pastor Warren did not tell them that they need to be saved and give their lives over to Christ. The video is just a clip. I don't know if that he did or did not tell them about sin and the need for repentance but I know for sure that in his book Purpose Driven Life, Warren does talk about sin and the need for repentance. This I am sure about. I don't think that there is anything wrong in telling unbelievers to find out what God has purposed for them. I mean what higher purpose does God have but for us to trust Jesus and be saved from our sins. Warren is trying to inspire a world that denies the need of God to search for him. We know that if people search for God he will show them Jesus for only through Jesus will we reach our full potential and fulfill God's purposes for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment