Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Steve Harvey: Stick To What You Know

I was shocked to find out that Steve Harvey has written a book about male/female relationships. After picking my Jaw off the floor, I realized that I have no reason at all to take his advice. I happen to have the book as a PDF. Take a look at the book






Harvey's book is called "Act Like A Lady; Think Likeex A Man". I think fundamentally this is bad advice. He is right when he says that women can't expect men to act and think like women. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to mention from what I read that men can't expect women to think like us either. The fundamental problem is that Harvey's advice conflicts with the Bible. I think he's right many men are driven by:

his title (who he is), how he gets that title (what he does), and the reward he gets for the effort (how much he makes)


The question I have is this: Is this the right motivation we should have?
According to our creator...no. Our motivations should be centered to follow Jesus.
I also wanted to point out that although Harvey has gone on record saying that he has not turned his life over to Christ. He at least has that much sense. I would argue that he has a "head" knowledge of who Jesus is because no way he could say what he does in the following video unless he knew something about Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment