Monday, July 6, 2009

What Hollywood Believes - Billy Ray Cyrus


Billy Ray Cyrus most definitely has a Christian upbringing and worldview. I sure hope that he is passing this treasure to his children.

"If you're going to stand up for Jesus, your life will be a battle between light and darkness. And for everything that God will bring into your life that represents the light, the devil, he's such a sly fox, will come at you with two times more attributes of evil..."

"I made a lot of mistakes, but I was fortunate that I was brought up in a church where I heard about God's love and His forgiveness. I might have gotten a little wild, but I never left my faith. Luckily, teachings from the Bible were instilled so deep inside me that no matter how far I would stray, I'd still hear that voice that said, "You have a purpose, you have a reason you were put on this earth. you've got to be the person God wants you to be.'"

"By no means...am I proclaiming that I'm this perfect, religious person. I'm not. I'm not all of a sudden stepping up on a pedestal and saying I'm holier than tho, because I'm not. I'm a very imperfect person, but isn't that why God sent his son Jesus to earth? To save sinners like me?"


And like me. I liked this quote. It's not luck that he never forgot what was instilled into him, it's a gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment