Thursday, October 8, 2009

Dr. Claude Mariottini - Professor of Old Testament: Holding the Bible Hostage

The Codex Gigas from the 13th century, held at...Image via Wikipedia

Dr. Claude Mariottni has posted information that I did not know. The Portuguese Bible is not being made freely available digitally. Personally, I believe the Bible should be freely available in all languages in every single format via any media that information can be used to translate information. I think that those scholars who do translations should be compensated but I think (and I could be wrong) that they are making comfortable livings writing and lecturing. Personally, I would love to learn Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic so I could read God's Word without viewing it through someone else's eyes.

Dr. Claude Mariottini - Professor of Old Testament: Holding the Bible Hostage
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment