Sunday, October 11, 2009

Father Alberto's wife talks about their scandal


 I wrote about this story before.  A famous Catholic priest was caught a few months ago on a date, kissing his girlfriend in public. The truth is the media is reporting that Father Alberto Cutié broke his vow of celibacy but I have never heard him say that. What is news to me now is that he has married this woman and he is now serving in the Episcopal church. This article I have linked has excerpts from an interview with the woman, named Ruhama Canellis. I agree that forbidding priests to marry is unbiblical and not right. However the Anglican church is accepting homosexuality which is also unbiblical. She said in the article that people should read their Bibles, but you can't just point a finger at the Catholic church and accuse them of heresy while practicing it yourself. I wish the couple only the best, but all Christians should follow the Bible and not cherry-pick what they will and will not follow.

Father Alberto's wife talks about their scandal

Shared via AddThis
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment