Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Debate: David Wood vs. Ali Ataie: "Who Was Muhammad?"


This is a great debate. Instead of looking at Jesus, this debate turns to look at the Prophet of Islam, Muhammad. The truth is I thought Wood was great. I did not like Ataie's arguments. Wood said the only answers that Islam could give to the objections he raised could be either:
1. Reject the sources or 2. re-interpret the material. Ataie ended up doing both. The most aggregious problem I
 had was that Ataie tried to say the Deuteronomy 18:18-19 was about Muhammad. HOW!!!!? Verses 18 -22 says:

 I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers; I will put my words in his mouth, and he will tell them everything I command him.  If anyone does not listen to my words that the prophet speaks in my name, I myself will call him to account.  But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death."
 You may say to yourselves, "How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD?"  If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

I don't get it. Jews and Christians for centuries believed that God was telling Moses and us that this Prophet was Jewish! Muhammd was not a Jew. No way this could have been about him




YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

2 comments:

  1. I will raise up for them a prophet like you from among their brothers

    Muhummad (saws) was an arab, i.e., descended from the line of Ishmael who was Issacs brother.

    I will put my words in his mouth

    Muhummad (saws) was an illiterate. The Quran was inspired reveleation from God through Jibreel, i.e. words placed in his mouth.

    Muhammd was not a Jew.

    Nor was Abraham (pbuh). They were all muslims i.e. servants who submitted to God. Faith is for all mankind, and is not limited to blood relations. We're all children of Adam (as), so think of the bigger picture please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were NOT muslims. You are brainwashed with the nonsense in the idiotic book called Quran. Read the Quron, become a moron!

    ReplyDelete