Thursday, January 28, 2010

Barack Obama's State of the Union Address 2010



WASHINGTON - JANUARY 27:  Members of the U.S. ...Image by Getty Images via Daylife
Last night I watched a lot of President Obama's speech and I liked what I heard. The thing is I hope he is being honest about  caring more about doing the right thing than being re-elected. He most certainly is making moves that are cheesing off people whose support he is going to need to get re-elected - and perhaps avoid the possibility assassination. We really need to pray for out President. It seems like such simple thing he is trying to do if we all work together - balance the budget, keep the nation safe from terrorism,  and heal the economy. He seems to always meet with opposition. Instead of offereing their own solutions they seem to just be intent on blocking him (and not just Republicans). I really agreed with the President's criticism of the Supreme Court. It really was a bad idea overturning limits on campaign spending by corporations. I mean who's butt was kissed for that to happen?!! Obviously Justice Samuel Alito thinks it's a good idea...I just can't say I see any way he could be right. Funny he couldn't contain his disdain for the President's remark. It was written all over his face. Well here is the speech:




And while Alito's reaction was not as extreme as Rep. Joe Wilson of South Carolina shouting "You lie!" at the President, it still bothers me because I wanna know what part of remark he disagreed with.





Justice Samuel Alito Shows Distaste With Barack Obama's Barb on Campaign Finance Ruling - AOL News



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment