Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Inspiration, Inerrancy, Preservation of the Bible


James White has written a great post on his blog dealing with textual criticism. He made some comments about his debate with Bart Ehrman last year. His whole point is that Ehrman is wrong: Textual variations due to Biblical transmission does not invalidate  the Bible's inerrancy or inspiration. Just because you don't like how God has preserved His revelation to us, does not mean that God did not preserve His word. Above Dr White did a compare the texts of Hebrews 2:9-18 from the Byzantine Priority Text and the Westcott/Hort text. These arecfrom two different lines of transmission. If Ehrman was right one woujld expect them to say contradictory things, but they don't. If you haver question about if you can trust the New Yestament in light of scholar's like Bart Ehrman, I recommend you read Dr. White's post! I want to end this with a quote from his article.


So as I consider God’s gift of His Word, I am thankful that I have been forced to examine its history closely, and from many angles. And when I do, I am again and again forced to my knees in thanksgiving for what He has done. He has not left us to wander in darkness. He has provided us with a reliable, trustworthy guide in Holy Scripture.

AMEN


Inspiration, Inerrancy, Preservation
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment