Monday, February 22, 2010

Iron Sharpens Iron: Redditt Andrews III: A Plea For Real Answers: An African-American's Journey into Reformed Christianity

I've been studying Reformed theology for a few years now and I think it has some points superior top what Im grew up with. It's more consistent and fits with the Bible better than what I thought. I'm still studying it because I wanna know what God really said in the Bible. I've documented much of what I've learned on this very blog.

One of my challenges is the realization that there seems to be few living African-American Christians whom have embraced the Reformed view. I know I grew up Armenian. This is why I love the radio program Iron Sharpens Iron. I enjoyed this broadcast in which an African-American, Redditt Andrews III, talks about how he became reformed. I could identify with his journey because it mirrored my own. He discussed a particular situation where his wife asked him if there were anyone else who believed as he was coming to believe. He gave her a lot of names, but she wanted to know if there was anyone alive?! I laughed because my wife and I have had a similar conversation! This Pastor is out of Elk Grove, CA - about 90 miles from me. Maybe I'll get to visit one day. This interview is great! Listen to it at the following link:

Iron Sharpens Iron: Redditt Andrews III: A Plea For Real Answers: An African-American's Journey into Reformed Christianity
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment