Thursday, March 4, 2010

He Lives: Pre-trib Rapture? No thanks, I'll pass.

Left Behind cover
I've been following David Heddle's blog for a while now. I don't agree with everything he does but I enjoy the way he writes and I love nuclear physics so his blog is always interesting to me. This is a particular pet peeve of mine as it is his. I also reject the idea of  Pre-Tribulational raptures (especially as viewed by the Left Behind series). According the Left Behind series, the problem of the fact that there are still believers on earth during Tribulation  is solved by saying that there are 2 raptures. In my opinion that means that some people will get two chances to accept Christ. The "Pre-Trib" idea can't seem to be dated any earlier than the 19th century. If it were true I'm sure other Christians would have seen it earlier. One defense of it is that God would not allow the church to go through the Tribulation. My question: Why? They sometimes point to the fact that the Hebrews in Goshen were not touched by the 10 plagues that were applied to the rest of Egypt.To which I ask what about Job? He was righteous and he still suffered. I think it's attractive because Christians can think of themselves as not having to suffer and miss the Tribulation entirely. I know I do, but I just don't see it in scripture.

He Lives: Pre-trib Rapture? No thanks, I'll pass.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Totally agreed. I've also heard people use "not being appointed to wrath" as an excuse. But my answer is, I don't think the apostles were "apointed" to wrath, but they suffered gruesome deaths as martyrs. That said, this is God's wrath being poured out, and I don't believe his children will be afflicted by it, but I also don't believe we're going to be somewhere else when it all goes down.

    ReplyDelete