Sunday, March 7, 2010

Is 1 John 5:10 Relevant to the Ordo Salutis and 1 John 5:1/2:29, and 4:7?

There is an anonymous response to James White's discussion of 1 John 5:1 and other passages regarding the order of salvation - "ordo salutis".

 An evidently anti-Reformed textual critic has posted a brief criticism of using 1 John 5:1 as a text relevant to the ordo salutis and in particular to the relationship of saving faith and regeneration (though both terms appear in the text). Anyone who knows the identity of this blogger please let me know, I'd be interested in knowing. I have seen his material linked on the Evangelical Textual Criticism list. In any case, here is my response.



This video shows how careful and thorough a scholar James White is. I agree with his analysis. It fits the whole testimony of scripture.

Is 1 John 5:10 Relevant to the Ordo Salutis and 1 John 5:1/2:29, and 4:7?



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment