Saturday, February 7, 2009

An Apple Tablet


I just found the following on G4TV's Blog

Is Apple working on a tablet computer? The fine folks at Gizmodo seem to think so. The site has examined an Apple patent and has come to the conclusion that the company has a tablet computer in the works.

"The patent describes several forms for these displays -- most of them already in use in current Apple laptops --, describing displays attached to portable computers. However, one of the claims describes the display as a 'housing for a computer device', which would include the computer electronics within the display housing, sandwiched between front and back shells."

I was a proud Newton user in the '90s. I loved the device's handwriting recognition, especially when watching my friends struggle with Graffiti on their Palm IIIs. I'd love for Apple to reenter the market with an elegant, portable-computing device that features the company's lauded user interface.


I want one.

No comments:

Post a Comment