Wednesday, June 24, 2009

What Hollywood Believes - Introduction

One of my good friends has allowed me to borrow a book entitled What Hollywood Believes by Ray Comfort. It contains quotes and interviews from the biggest stars and creators in Hollywood regarding faith, religion, and their real worldviews. This topic interest me because I know that Hollywood influences and permeates all of human culture today. They control the movies we see, the television we watch, the books and magazines we read, the music we listen to, and even the things we buy. Not to say that this is an aweful thing in every case but it does shine light on why our society is what it is and why it is getting worse. Just what are we competing with for the hearts and minds of ourselves, our children, and the future? For example, many people in the Hollywood elite support same-sex marriage. Do they hold to the same worldview and opinion of who God is and the infallibility of the Bible as I do? If some do, which ones? This book is a great way to view that and look at human pscholhogy. We can explore what makes us human looking at a book like this.

This post is the kick-off of a series of posts I'm calling "What Hollywood Believes".For time-to-time I will post an article about one of the celebrities featured in Ray Comfort's book and i want to hold up the celebrity's world view in the light of scripture. This should be interesting. I'm not going to cover everyone in the book - just my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment