Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Preparing for Teaching Basics about Islam


I've used this blog as an archive for resources and material that are helpful for me. In preparing for teaching a short class giving the basics on Islam and how it relates to Christianity for next Sunday I realized that everything I would like to cover I have previously posted on this blog.

Here is a list of posts from this blog I will use.
THE APOLOGETIC FRONT: Why Muslims need the gospel more than ever
James White Debates Abdullah Kunde on the Bible and the Koran
Dialogue Comparing the Bible and the Qur'an
James White debates Imam Shams
“Does the New Testament Teach that Jesus Is God?”
Iron Sharpens Iron: DR. JAMES R. WHITE: Islam and the Qur'an
Shadid Lewis and James White

Now all I got to do is take all this information and turn it into an engaging presentation.

Image Source



Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. With the name of God, Peace be unto those who follow the guidance from their Lord.

    You know McElhaney when you reflect upon the picture you there above wouldn't you think that it's a bit biased? You would think that as an African American a person who's people had suffered from bias people and prejudice in the United States you would be a little more sensitive.

    Your title "Teaching Basics About Islam" and than having a picture of a man swinging a sword. Of course the words 'Radical Islam' are above.

    But could you imagine I had a blog entry called "Teaching the Bascis of African American Culture"

    and I had a picture of a blackmen behind bars in prison and above it I simply put 'The Silent Majority'.

    I say that to you because I think you are an intelligent young man. I think honestly you are above that.

    You can say what you want about Islam brother McElhaney but if you let the Domionist take control of the United States it doesn't bode well for the African American community.

    Allah alone knows best.

    ReplyDelete