Wednesday, April 14, 2010

YouTube - The Authenticity of the Bible - Debate

This was really interesting. This was an three-on-three discussion. Dr. Jamal Badawi, Mr. Hamza Abdul Malik, Dr. Hussein Morsi argued against the authenticity of the Bible. Dr. Gleason Archer, Dr. Robert Douglas, Mr. Keith Smith argued for the authenticity of the Bible. I think that the debate was weighted towards the Muslims but the Christians on the panel did a great job responding in most respects. I really liked this debate because when most Christian opponents bring up "problems" in the Bible, these things are almost never addressed. In this debate there were some responses. I would have liked to have seen more interaction between the two sides. One thing that came up for me is why the Muslim's on the panel's double standard? I mean why is it okay to accuse Christians of monkeying around with the Bible and putting words in Jesus' mouth that He never said yet deny the possibility of the same thing with Muhammad and the Qur'an? I will go as far as saying that Muslims can make the same claim about the Qur'an as I do as the Bible: That we know exactly what the Bible and the Qur'an was meant to say. That being given, which one is the Word of God. They conflict. They both can't be completely true. You have to either accept one or deny both as the Word of God. As for me, I believe the Bible is the Word of God because it corresponds with reality better. I say this because the Bible and History say that Jesus was crucified and died but the Qur'an says He wasn't. What?  That does not add up.




YouTube - The Authenticity of the Bible










Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment