Thursday, May 6, 2010

Dr. Claude Mariottini - Professor of Old Testament: Using the Koran as a Path to Jesus

Dr. Mariottini has called attention to a controvery that has been brewing in Baptist circles. This is the first I heard of it. There are some well-meaning Christians who want to evangelize Muslims by starting from what the Qur'an says about Jesus instead of what the New Testament says. Ergun Caner has expressed much opposition but given the fact that he has been shown to stretch the truth of his personal testimony and get some nuances of Islam incorrect, I'm not sure how much weight his opinion matters. I'm not sure what is more scary to me: that Caner is right that the God and Jesus of Islam is irreconcilably different than the Bible's accounts or that I agree with him. I thank Dr Mariottini for posting this article!

Dr. Claude Mariottini - Professor of Old Testament: Using the Koran as a Path to Jesus
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Marcus,

    Great image. The image illustrates well the great truth of Christianity.

    Claude Mariottini

    ReplyDelete