Thursday, February 4, 2010

Creationist Kent Hovind Reveals The Truth About Dinosaurs And Evolution!

Kent HovindImage via Wikipedia
I came across this video lecture from Google. It's Kent Hovind giving a lecture entitled Dinosaurs and the Bible. It's interesting. He is a young earth creationist and so he and I don't see eye-to-eye on everything. I think that he does a good job in citing evidence and providing information but I don't think all of his conclusions are correct nor do I think that his presuppositions and theories are totally tenable. For example he suggests that Noah brought large animals on the Ark as babies...that's not heresy but I don't see any way to prove it. I also think he relies too heavily on the genealogies given in Genesis to establish his timeline for the creation of the world.

I looked him up on Wikipedia and have found that he is in prison for tax problems. It seems to me that he was sincere in trying to show people that the Bible is true although he's made some mistakes. I've been fortunate enough to find some decent debates Hovind has had with atheists, scientists, and old-earth creationists and I will be posting them in the future. I do agree with Hovind that the Bible is true, but he seems willing to make assertions that go beyond the text.




Creationist Kent Hovind Reveals The Truth About Dinosaurs And Evolution!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. My issue with Hovind is he's a young earth purist, and he's a giant conspiracy theorist. I'm agnostic on the age of the earth (used to be old earth, then young earth, now I just don't know) but I never said people aren't really Christians because they hold to old earth creation. He did that to Hugh Ross on John Ankerberg's show a while back. I think God is perhaps teaching him some humbleness

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Brennon. I feel the same way. I'm planning on posting both debates between Hovind and Hugh Ross on this blog in the coming days. Thanks for reading and commenting

    ReplyDelete