Thursday, February 4, 2010

What Hollywood Believes: William Shatner

William Shatner, 2005Image via Wikipedia
Once in an interview William Shatner was asked "Is there a God?" Shatner replied "There is, but we don't know where. Or Who. And, indeed, why."

I hate to disagree, but I think it's a cop out answer. Many times I think people say such a thing because they don't wanna say "I don't know." and want to appear humble or spiritual instead of just coming right out and deal with the question of all questions.I would answer Shatner's questions pretty easily. He says that there is a God but we can't know Him.

God revealed Himself to humanity and the Bible is the record of that revelation spanning 40 authors, 1500 years and three continents.

Where? Everywhere! God is omnipresent and exists simultaneously everywhere and everywhen simultaneously.

Who? YHWH - THE LORD - The I AM THAT I AM - He that sustains Himself with Himself

Why? For His Glory and good pleasure. It's God's reality.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment