Sunday, February 14, 2010

YouTube - The Jesus Myth

Image representing Twitter as depicted in Crun...Image via CrunchBase
Okay one more time: Nearly everything in the following video is  a lie. Can't be substantiated and can be refuted literally in seconds.  I was sent a link to it via Twitter by hudsonryan. And he sent it as if it contained faith-shattering information I have never before heard or considered. Awwww.....isn't he cute? Misguided and misinformed...but cute. Before I go forward here is the video:




There is nothing new here! It's been refuted and rebutted ad nausem before my great-grandparents were even born. The crux of the argument is that what the Christian Church teaches about Jesus so closely resembles prior myths of deities dying and rising from the dead that we must of, at best - been influenced by them; at worst - stolen from them. I've been researching this line of argument for the past half a year and I find that the points that are most often used to say that Jesus is just another myth are:

1. Born of a virgin
2. Crucified and Resurrected 3 days laters
3. Had 12 disciples.
4. Born December 25

The problem is that if you take any of the supposed other myths and try to line them up with what the Bible says about Jesus, you get no such match!!!!

Nada!!!!

You can find my research on several of the myths mentioned in this video under the label "Bible Defended" but I will take the rest of this article to link to specific posts on the characters that the video spent the most time time on. I also have to point out that no where in the Bible does it say Jesus was born December 25th, so that parallel shouldn't even be brought up but the ignorant keep using it. As for the others, I refuted them in the following posts:

Mithras and Horus

Dionysus
And others plus related apologetics

Much of the material mentioned in the article was the basis of the Zeitgeist movie. I posted in an earlier article along with a rebuttal from a real historian. You can read and watch the post at

Zeitgeist


YouTube - The Jesus Myth
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment