Monday, September 28, 2009

Don't Quote Me, Bro! Video


Dan BarkerImage by Matti Á. via Flickr

If you have not heard, Dr. James White debated atheist, self-professed ex-christian, Dan Barker again last Saturday. Unbelievably Barker took issue at having his own book Godless quoted back to him in context. I don't get it. To add insult to injury, from what I gather, Barker was even selling the book that day in that venue. I don't get how he could have had a problem with his own writings being raised. Here is a quote from James White's blog followed by a clip.

As I noted in the previous article, Dan Barker's attempt to hide the horrifically bad argumentation he presented in his 2007 book Godless failed badly. I promised the video, and here it is (my system is currently cooking along at 162 degrees in the CPU importing the gigabytes of video of the entire debate). I note that it is a meaningless argument to claim that quoting Dan's book on the topic of the debate is tantamount to changing the topic of the debate to the book itself. For someone who prides himself in his "rational" thinking, the recordings of this debate will provide a large amount of evidence that Dan Barker often abandons the laws of logic in his promotion of the hatred of God.





source


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Really, the fact that the book was being sold in the lobby really is what makes this just classic. "I may have changed my mind..." Yeah, okay, that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just when I thought Barker could not sink any deeper, he pulled this.

    ReplyDelete