Friday, June 25, 2010

YouTube - Richard Dawkins - Tells a Black Man He's an 'African Ape'

Mariano pointed me to this particular video. I think it shows who Richard Dawkins is. Make no mistake I don't think he is racist but I do think it shows how thoughtless anyone can be. Equating Black people to apes is never going to be non-offensive considering the historical past. Maybe because he is British he doesn't get the cultural slap in the face because I don't know if this was ever a deal in England or not as it is here. Not good. You can see the look on the man's face. I recognize him. He is a Catholic Bishop from Africa and he most definitely got the point I'm making.



YouTube - Richard Dawkins - Tells a Black Man He's an 'African Ape'

1 comment:

  1. Actually, it may be worse that you think.

    Dawkins is African; he was born in Kenya (though I believe his family moved to England in his early years) so he knows better and yet, does not know better, or does not get it, or gets it and does not care or.........
    Who knows?

    ReplyDelete