Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mary Jo Sharp vs. Ehteshaam Gulam Debate: Did Jesus Die on the Cross? MP3 Audio - Apologetics 315


I just found out about a great post on Apologetics 315. It's a debate between Mary Jo Sharp (on the right) and Muslim apologist Ehteshaam Gulam on the topic: Did Jesus Die on the Cross? It's a good to see a woman taking an active role in Apologetics. I have seen few women in the field and I think she can reach some people that men cannot reach. I liked the Debate. Sharp is articulate knowledgeable and explains the material really well. I've hared her arguments before but that doesn't make them any less true. There is a consensus of quite a few scholars of which is one. As for her opponent. Gulam, made me wonder what planet he is from. Instead talking about if the Tomb was empty, they seemed to focus a lot more on the question about where or not Jesus was alive after the crucifixion and did not die. I can't believe that. I think Sharp proved the fact the Jesus was dead. All the modern tools of forensics brought to bear on the texts and history show that Jesus really died - "grave-yard dead". Not knad a dead. Given what crucifixion was and what they did to you...He was dead. Don't forget that He was beaten and whipped before Jesus even touched the cross. I'm glad Gulam rejected the "substitution theory" but he seems to favor the "swoon theory" and can't seem to read what the gospels really say. I mean come'on. Sharp did a great job not loosing her cool.

You can find the audio at the following link
Mary Jo Sharp vs. Ehteshaam Gulam Debate: Did Jesus Die on the Cross? MP3 Audio - Apologetics 315

There is even a link to Mary Jo's blog, Confident Christianity, that contains a video. The video is a the following link:

Mary Jo Sharp vs. Ehteshaam Gulam "Did Jesus Die on the Cross?"


Confident Christianity also provides a great, 44-slide presentation that gives evidence for Jesus' resurrection.






No comments:

Post a Comment