Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mugen Character Development Part 1 - Black Panther


Disclaimer - I thought I would start posting the development process for making my first development character. If you are not interested in mugen or video games please feel free to ignore these.

Still here? OK, good. One of the first things you need to make mugen characters is what are called "sprites" the art of the characters. They are typically several pictures of the character is various poses and positions that can be animated together. This for me is the hardest part because I'm not much of an artist. Sometimes sprites are posted by people that can be used. I thought that I could use some of those to make my own characters and save the hard part of art later. Much of these completed sprite sets are of characters that are already complete. I have been thinking about what the Black Panther character should be able to do. The suits claws on his costume is made of vibranium so when he blocks he should be able to cancel out energy based attacks I'm thinking about a few special moves right now:

1. Double -strike Claw to his opponent - high
2. Double -strike Claw to his opponent - low
3. He runs up to his opponent and throws multiple combinations of punches and kicks for several seconds causing maximum damage.
4. He flips backwards over his opponent striking high with the claws
5. He flips forwards over his opponent striking high with the claws

As of yet. I have been able to find only one Black Panther sprite. It is pictured above and I found it at the Scrollboss website.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marcus,

    It exist a WIP of "Black Panther"
    in gestation from Slotman
    which could come out because
    his character "Vision" have just
    be available on the web this month.
    You can see a video here :
    http://video.aol.com/video-detail/namor-x-aquaman-on-mugen/4095375848
    At the end of this video in letf-clicking on
    "more videos" you'll can see a video introducing
    all the Slotman's WIP of which....... the WIP of "Black Panther"

    Santé

    ReplyDelete