Friday, December 18, 2009

Christian Apologetics - Life and Doctrine: Jewish / Judaism : The Isaiah 9 Controversy, part 1 of 4


Wow! I had no idea that some tried to avoid Isaiah 9! That is mind blowing. I love this series and I hope to read more - parts 2-4. I wanted to add a couple of observations. There are several places in the Hebrew Bible that prophecies were given in the past tense although it was talking about the future. I believe it is because to God He knows the future so well (because He is doing it) that He can talk about it as if it has already happened! The only other thing I've gotta to add to Mariano's brilliance is the inescapable fact that these verses 6-7 could ever be applied to anyone but Jesus, least of all to me, you, or Hezekiah. Who else is "Mighty God", "Prince of Peace"? Wait Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize! Naahh!!!! Just kidding.

6 For to us a child is born,
       to us a son is given,
       and the government will be on his shoulders.
       And he will be called
       Wonderful Counselor, [a] Mighty God,
       Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
 7 Of the increase of his government and peace
       there will be no end.
       He will reign on David's throne
       and over his kingdom,
       establishing and upholding it
       with justice and righteousness
       from that time on and forever.
       The zeal of the LORD Almighty
       will accomplish this. - Isaiah 9:6-7


Christian Apologetics - Life and Doctrine: Jewish / Judaism : The Isaiah 9 Controversy, part 1 of 4

2 comments:

  1. Obama also go an honorary black belt!

    aDios,
    Mariano

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, really? I didn't know that...I didn't know you could get an honorary black belt. I wonder in what Martial Art?

    ReplyDelete